All summer long homeowners spend countless hours taking care of their family gardens. From constant watering to protection from the sun’s heat, the tasks required are many to sustain a healthy garden. Though extreme heat can do much damage to your garden, you may find yourself faced with annoying rodents who poke about your property and your garden and can wreak all kinds of havoc.
Here at Guaranty Pest Control, we take a great deal of pride in helping our many valued clients keep these pesky critters out of their gardens. Our experts are on hand to provide only the highest quality pest control services this side of the state. We understand full well how important your home garden is as well as your property and want to assure you that we can help keep those pesky rodents at bay.
Tips On How to Keep Rodents Out of Your Flourishing Garden
There are a few simple tips you can follow to help keep annoying rodents out of your garden. Our team of trusted professionals wants to share some of those tips with you here.
- Get Rid of those grubs that rodents love – Grubs are one type of food source that is sure to attract rodents. With that said, in order to eliminate rodents from your garden be sure to eliminate the lawn grubs you may have in your backyard. If you are unable to kill off the grubs on your own, be sure to reach out to a professional pest control specialist who can easily get rid of them for you.
- Eliminate outdoor shelters – It is fairly common knowledge that mice and rats typically make nest shelters in tall grass and usually make the nests out of wood piles or brush. For this very reason, you want to be sure that your lawn is mowed and trimmed down not only during the peak spring gardening season, but also during the hot summer months as well. You want to be sure to take whatever steps are necessary to keep annoying rodents from building their nests in or near to your garden. Be sure when weeding or trimming your garden that you never leave the unwanted plants lying around. You should also take steps to ensure that you store any wood chips or piles in a shed or secluded area since rodents love to build nests in these materials.
- Make sure to keep your property clean and sanitary – The best approach to avoiding the presence of rodents in your garden or backyard is by keeping your property clean and tidy. Any type of trash will easily attract rodents. So be sure that any recycle bins and garbage bins are covered and sealed tightly so that rodents cannot get into them. You should also make it a habit to rinse out your garbage bins from time to time with a household disinfectant cleaner and a garden hose. Waste bins that are excessively dirty make for an ideal environment for rodents of all types to live and thrive.
- Invest in mesh tubes for your garden – Annoying rodents and rats, love to dine on seeds. You can prevent them from invading your seedings by putting mesh tubes around them. These pesky critters are unable to penetrate the mesh tubes and your seedings will be safe.
- Make certain there are no extra food sources near to your garden – Many rodents enjoy eating bird seed. If you happen to have a bird feeder near to your garden, rest assured you will find yourself faced with a rodent problem in your garden. You don’t want to invite these pesky critters in, so be sure not to put up any bird feeders in the vicinity of your garden.
There You Have It
Well, there you have a few simple do it yourself tips you can use to keep annoying rodents out of your garden. In some cases, these simple tips may not solve the entire problem. If this is the case, then be sure to reach out to the skilled technicians here at Guaranty Pest Control where our clients are always our number one priority. We are committed to meeting the individual needs of all our clients and take tremendous pride in providing effective and affordable solutions to a number of pest control issues.
The Team You Can Trust
The experts here at Guaranty Pest Control are steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality and most effective pest control services to our many clients throughout Alabama for over 55 years now. From Boaz, Huntsville, and Tuscaloosa, to Birmingham, Anniston, Gadsden, and Montgomery, we have got you covered. Our team of highly skilled and experienced pest control specialists is equipped to get rid of many insects and pests, including annoying rodents, that make their way onto your property and even into your gardens. If you are not comfortable to address these issues yourself, then turn to the pros here at Guaranty Pest Control and let us take care of it for you.
Since 1958, our team of pest control experts has been taking care of and controlling all types of pests for our many valued clients throughout Alabama. We know how difficult and annoying it can be which is why we want to assure you that when you choose our team, you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. For all your pest control needs, whether termites, wasps, bees, mice, rats or other annoying rodents, be sure to look to the professionals here at Guaranty Pest Control. For more information on our high-quality pest control services, or to schedule a free consultation, reach out to one of our trusted team members today. We look forward to our every opportunity to serve you and to help you keep your garden and property safe from all types of harmful pests. Summer is in full bloom, so be sure to protect your garden and property from damaging pests with our top-rated pest control services. Don’t delay. Give a shout out to our team today!